News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Upholstery Fabrics: Who do you Like?

Started by Anthony Amman #15293, July 31, 2009, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Amman #15293

For Bedford cord, broadcloth, wool carpet, windlace etc. would you go with SMS, Hirsch, or LeBaron-Bonney? 

Anthony

mike mason

Otto Skorzeny

All three of those companies will send you samples.

I've purchased from SMS before and was very satisfied with their products and service. (did not buy Bedford cloth, though)
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Anthony Amman #15293

Thanks, Otto. 

I just received samples from SMS and liked what they provided, samples from LeBarron-Bonney as well.  I suspect that at the end of the day; all of these suppliers materials are virtually identical.

Anthony

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

In addition to the other suppliers mentioned, it would not hurt to call Jenkin's Interiors
in North Carolina.  They supplied all of the materails for my car and I'm very satisfied.

Here is the contact info:

http://www.411web.com/J/JENKINSRESTOR/

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

57flw

I have just received my order from SMS Auto Fabrics.

They sent me the exact Fabric and Vinyl for my 1957 60 Series Fleetwood.

Very happy with the service and delivery.

They are now working on a new pre-sewn headlining for me.

Ken Franis
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

57flw

OOPS,
Too many beers.
Having trouble spelling my own name, or need to learn to type.
Need to put a C in Franis
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

For me I found SMS product always excellent, however I have to disagree strongly on the quality of their service. I had a really bad experience with them, as have others on this forum [see previous postings]. To repeat myself though I can't fault the product.
Phil