News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Another Elvis car? Never seen one like this.........

Started by Jim Thompson, August 02, 2009, 07:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Thompson

1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on August 02, 2009, 07:24:55 PM
Quarter mil, gimmee a break!
These are hard times, and the seller probably wants to help the economy?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Carl Schreiber

Jim / Otto / Bruce -

Think it 'came from the factory' with those Dayton wires?  UGH! 

Remember, this IS the guy who gave us the Jungle Room...

Provenanace or not, an excercise in bad design and worse taste.

And I LIKE Elvis!

Carl

DinoBob

I love Elvis. I think that having a car he drove would be an awesome thing.

That car is, in a word, hideous.
Bob Belloff

Jim Thompson

Not too much bid activity so far. He must really think he has something to put a buy it now price on her like that!
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

JerRita

I have had 2 Station Wagons a 79 and an 87 and I have seen many 72-3 wagon conversions. The 2 way tailgate shown on this car was not invented yet in 72. The roof line seems also too short and more modern than a 72 era wagon I think this car is bogus and caveat emptor
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Sweede64

Quote from: JerRita on August 09, 2009, 01:44:15 PM
I have had 2 Station Wagons a 79 and an 87 and I have seen many 72-3 wagon conversions. The 2 way tailgate shown on this car was not invented yet in 72. The roof line seems also too short and more modern than a 72 era wagon I think this car is bogus and caveat emptor

The two way tailgate came out in -67 i think, the correct tailgate would bee an hideaway but the mechanism is rather complicated so they choosed a simpler sulution, i think the wagon part came from a fullsize -67 to -69 GM.

Check the roofline and gate on the chevy (follow the link) so the car can be authentic.

http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/1969_Chevy_Kingswood.html
Thomas Karlström

Frank N. Stein

I've seen this car before. Authentic or not, Why would elvis roll a station wagon? I thought his favorite was his fleetwood anyway.
Brian Mitchell

1972 Sedan Deville
1978 Eldorado Biarritz

paulp

The seller must not have known Elvis as well as I did, or he would know Elvis would never never have owned a car that color.
Paul N. Price   CLC 23300

Joe Manna

Today is the day that marks Elvis' death.Still miss him.I was only 10,but remember watching the news that night.

Anyway,It seems that any. odd built Cadillac,is an Elvis car.We all new he had a bunch of cars,but geez,it's not like he had a bazillion cars.

I'd offer the guy 200k.Final offer
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Otto Skorzeny

I was a kid when Elvis croaked, too. My mom used it as an example of how stupid it is to take drugs. It was a pretty much a "Serve's him right," kind of lesson.

My mom was a big Elvis fan and had/has some autographed 45s that she got at a concert.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE