News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1936 Fleetwood 7523 in Canada

Started by veesixteen, August 03, 2009, 01:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

I am posting this on behalf of Canadian member, Paul Marie Girard. I am currently on vacation in Europe and don't have access to my Cadillac archives. Can any other member help out Paul Marie?  Thanks.

Hello, I have a model Cadillac Fleetwood v-8 seven passengers, 7523. This car is in Quebec, Canada. I have difficulty to [find the] serial number. How  [can I] find this number and historic [facts] for this car?  What was the choice of colors for 1936? Thank you, Paul Marie Girard, membership number 25319
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Beege

Hi Yann,

I assume you mean the chassis/frame number?

I have a restored RHD 36-7513 V8 fleetwood imperial sedan for seven passengers (factory built RHD). The chassis/frame number is somewhat difficult to find. Mine is located on top of the main LHS chassis rail adjacent to the battery box. It is a little difficult to see because the frame is close to the body where the number is stamped. You may need to get a torch and remove some grime. The number is best visible by looking through the battery compartment from inside the vehicle. The authenticity manual may answer the other questions.

cheers

Beege
36-7513
Australia

Beege

All,

my comments for the authenticity manual were for Paul Marie Girard not Yann.  :) Yann is a cadillac guru...

Beege

veesixteen

Thanks Beege.  I've given the Canadian member the URL for this page.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"