News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

74-74 Eldorado Body/Fender fillers ???

Started by Ray D., August 09, 2009, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray D.

Am hoping someone (especially those w/ 74-76 Eldos) might be able to point me in the right direction for the rubber body/fender fillers for a 75 Eldorado. I'm certain most already know that these pieces are discontinued through the dealers, w/ only after market available, however I've seen many poorly fitted pieces and have been told by many others to do my home work before I make my purchase.

So again, I'm looking to talk to others who might have some experience and or insight where I might have some luck and get pointed in the right direction ?

I'm also in need of carpet, trunk and spare tire liner as well as both rear side panels/arm rests if anyone can point me in the right direction?  Who knows, perhaps there's a method in which the side panels/arm rests might be able to be repaired ? I'm not sure...

Any assistance in my efforts is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ray 440-829-9533

rayd55@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Ray
440-829-9533

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Here are your options:

-- The originals were made of polyurethane.  They were never meant to last
as long as we keep our cars so they crumble to dust after 20 years or so.
There are a few NOS around (Ted Holcombe had some a few years back, don't know
if he still has any originals.)

--  If you use these, you have to add a flex agent to the paint or it will crack.

--  Other aftermarket replacements are all made from rigid ABS plastic.  Advantages
are it doesn't need a flex agent.  However, you will have to do some "custom fitting"
with your Dremel tool to ensure a good look.  It's not that hard.  USA Parts has them.
May people offer them but I believe they are all produced by one moulder here in
the U.S.

I went through this with my '73 about 8 years ago and replaced them all.  No big deal
but it was alot of work getting those massive bumpers off the car, which you have to
do to replace these.  I used a combination of NOS and replacement parts to get the
"look" I wanted.

Feel free to ask questions.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Ray D.

Mike, thanks so much for your prompt response. After I posted that question, I continued to poke around throughout the forum and saw an article provided by Brian Rachlin w/ a link of his experiences w/ these pieces as well.

Are you able to offer any suggestions and or any experiences you might have had w/ rear side panels/arm rests as well as trunk liners and what vendors to use ?

Thank you...

Ray

Quote from: Mike Josephic on August 09, 2009, 11:49:48 PM
Here are your options:

-- The originals were made of polyurethane.  They were never meant to last
as long as we keep our cars so they crumble to dust after 20 years or so.
There are a few NOS around (Ted Holcombe had some a few years back, don't know
if he still has any originals.)

--  If you use these, you have to add a flex agent to the paint or it will crack.

--  Other aftermarket replacements are all made from rigid ABS plastic.  Advantages
are it doesn't need a flex agent.  However, you will have to do some "custom fitting"
with your Dremel tool to ensure a good look.  It's not that hard.  USA Parts has them.
May people offer them but I believe they are all produced by one moulder here in
the U.S.

I went through this with my '73 about 8 years ago and replaced them all.  No big deal
but it was alot of work getting those massive bumpers off the car, which you have to
do to replace these.  I used a combination of NOS and replacement parts to get the
"look" I wanted.

Feel free to ask questions.

Mike

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Try Jenkins Interiors for the trunk material.  I have no clue about the arm rests
or interior panel you mentioned.  I don't know if thses are being reproduced or not.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Gunnar

Don't know about the rear armrests/panels, but the door panels are available, at actionsalvage.com for example.
Gunnar S. Valdimarsson
CLC 24352
1964 Coupe de Ville

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Quote from: Gonzo on August 10, 2009, 06:08:27 PM
Don't know about the rear armrests/panels, but the door panels are available, at actionsalvage.com for example.

I've read on several occasions that Just Dashes (in California) does an excellent job on door panels.  Give them a call.  I understand that their quality is great, but it won't be cheap.

Otto Skorzeny

They do. They made a set for my mom's '64 Galaxie. All I sent them were the metal frame wraparounds that go over the top of the door. They sent me back brand new , factory looking door panels and rear quarters with all new masonite and padded vinyl. They even got the plstic chrome correct. They have patterns for just about every car you can think of.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

EAM 17806

Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

EAM 17806

RAY!  I guess Jim and Otto forgot to give you the telepone number of "JUST DASHES" so here it is: 1-800-247-3274.  GOOD LUCK!     EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE