News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where To Buy A Car Cover

Started by Dennis DiNorcia, August 11, 2009, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis DiNorcia

I would like to know where to buy a car cover for my 2006 DTS and what kind should I be looking for. It is to be used outdoors so I want to make sure it will stand up to the elements of Eastern winters. Thank You.

Otto Skorzeny

Covercraft, in my opinion, makes the best car covers you can buy. They have patterns for virtually every car made since the 1930s and will custom make one for you if they don't have a pattern.

They have many different types of fabric to suit varying needs.

I generally buy covers made from their Technalon Noah fabric. 

They are all made in Texas and sold by dozens of retailers online. Beverly Hills Motorsports is a company I have purchased from in the past. The last cover I bought was from a company called Dan's Discount Car Covers. You'll find, however, that the prices vary by only a few dollars between retailers.

If a seller doesn't list the car you're looking for, call Covercraft directly. They have helped me many times and are very knowlegable.

As they say in their ads, no cover is a substitute for a garage. Most of their covers are guaranteed for 5 years. The weathershield and Noah fabrics are very good for outdoor use but are the most expensive.

Expect to pay around $500 for a custom fit Weathershield cover and around $275 for a custom fit Noah cover.

I'd also suggest the custom fit rather than the ready fit patterns. The ready fit is just a generic, size-based pattern for the standard jelly bean/wedge shaped cars made today.

http://covercraft.com/

http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE