News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

eBay '39-75

Started by Mike Simmons 938, August 12, 2009, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Simmons 938

Check out the 1939 Fleetwood series 75 currently nearing the end of it's run on eBay. I wonder if any of the 5 bidders have noticed that the entire front end is 1940, probably the trunk lid as well. And the bidding is up to $28K. Amazing. Of course, it's a very nice looking car, so ???
Mike

Jack Mcilwraith

Not only that, the beltline chrome looks like 1938,as does the upholstery design on the doors.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Doug Houston

It looks to me like a very proper '39-7519, except for the front clip. Pretty surely, some hotshot subbed a '40 front end onto a '39, for the fender mounted spares. Note that there is a spare tire in the trunk, which tells you that the front end ain't the right one. On a proper 6 wheel; car, there is no trunk spare.

The car is nice enough that if I had it I'd put the correct sheet metal on it, and I'd be happy with it..

Otherwise, itlooks to me to be a correct '39. The color is odd. They didn't offer a brown like that in that year. It still looks good enough to not change.

The same thing was done on the 39-90 coupe I have. The previous owner swapped front ends with a sedan and mine, to get the 6 wheel front end. Somewhere in California, my front end is on a 90 sedan, and I'd dearly love to have the non-sidemounted front clip back on mine. But, from California to Michigan????
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: Doug Houston #2257 on August 12, 2009, 05:54:22 PM

Otherwise, itlooks to me to be a correct '39. The color is odd. They didn't offer a brown like that in that year. It still looks good enough to not change.

The same thing was done on the 39-90 coupe I have. The previous owner swapped front ends with a sedan and mine, to get the 6 wheel front end. Somewhere in California, my front end is on a 90 sedan, and I'd dearly love to have the non-sidemounted front clip back on mine. But, from California to Michigan????
Doug, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who prefers late 30's Cadillacs without the sidemounts and particularly the Sixteens because they obscure the hood side flares. As for that color, I think they may have been trying for Oxblood Maroon and missed the mark.