News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'76 SDV - Remove rear wheel wells?

Started by mgbeda, August 17, 2009, 02:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

HI Folks,

After a couple months of distractions I'm working on poor, rusty ol' Bessie again (my '76 Sedan DeVille).   Because of previous bodywork she has a nice looking outer shell, but is rotten underneath.  Is it possible to replace the rear wheel wells without first taking off the quarter panel?  Has anyone done this on any vaguely similar car?

Again, I know it is dumb / insane to spend the time and money to restore this rusty a car, but she means a lot to me (my Dad got her when I was 12) so I don't care.

Thanks,

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Dave Shepherd

Where the wheel well it spot welded to the outer 1/4 is you big problem, seperating this area and maintaining the integrity of the 1/4 wheel opening lip is the tough part here.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Anything is possible if you make the inner panels out of smaller sections, and install them as one would assemble a Jigsaw.

Just takes time, and patience.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible