News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac hood ornament assembly question

Started by clockman1700, August 17, 2009, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockman1700

Hi,
     I,m trying to finish the hood latch ornament on my 1939 75 Cadillac and cannot find any information on the tension spring that holds it snugly. I assume that it is a coil spring which hooks from the latch to the bottom of the ornament. Any guidence would be appreciated.
                                                                                        Thanks Barry
                                                                                                            610-779-5860
                                                                                                                                 clockman1700@comcast.net
BarryTorrente                                                                                                          1939 Brunn town car 75

Warren Rauch

When I read your post ,I could not think of what you were talking about. I have a 3975 that was restored 30+ years ago and there is no spring for anti rattle etc. The hood is just held down be the lever action of the ornament. But, I checked the Cadillac Serviceman issues for 38 ,and on the bottom of page 34 where they tell about the new models for 1939,there is a spring. It's a small compression spring that fits around a small pin on the ornament and against a lip made into the hood .If you need a copy of the page email me your postal address. Warren

clockman1700

Hi Warren,
               Thank you very much for your information, I wasn't sure if there was a spring or not, but it just seemed that there might be. My mailing address is Barry Torrente
   419 Carsonia Ave
    Pennside Pa. 19606
                                 Thanks very much Warren.
                                                                       Best Regards Barry
BarryTorrente                                                                                                          1939 Brunn town car 75