News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

69 Cad A/C plenum blockage - mouse nest

Started by Dyson, August 19, 2009, 06:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyson

Anyone have experience with dissassembly to locate mouse nest in air passages?

All air seems blocked, so no air flow.  Compressor OK, air control lever [off-vent-A/C- Def...] operates, fan works [blower already removed and area cleaned once - no improvement].

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dyson [longtime member Cad LaSalle Club - first time here] 
'41-61, '69 CDV

Glen

Be sure you have vacuum to the purge door actuator.  Without vacuum to that actuator the air blows into the engine compartment. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Dyson

Could you mention the location, appearance or other details of that device?

Many Thanks

Dyson

Glen

Looking at the book, it looks like the purge door is at the left (driver’s side) end of the plenum in the engine compartment.  That puts it behind the engine.  With the door open the hot air in the plenum is blown out to the engine compartment.  I would think you could feel the air coming out under the plenum. 

See the picture below. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Dyson

Glen - sincere thanks to you for the note and diagram.  I shall investigate ASAP -  a few days, as i am away..

Much appreciation.

Dyson. 

Dyson

My mechanic friend finally got a look at the car.  He took out the blower motor and used a long flex wand which encountered a mouse nest of wadded fibers the size of a grapefruit-cantaloupe.  It came out in one piece.

Another outfit had removed the blower motor and vacuumed - to no avail.

I now have circulation and all seems well.

Thanks again to those who assisted.

Dyson