News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac trunk pull-down motor question

Started by carguyblack, August 19, 2009, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Would someone (Jose?) be able to send me a wiring diagram and maybe a photo or 2 of the assembly?  I am restoring one of these for a friend of mine and I don't have a service manual or wiring diagram for the 1957. I have a 56 model myself and this is a little different. It has also had some repair wiring and some splicing and dicing in the past, so I am trying to solder the correct color wire back in the correct spot. I'd like to be able to adjust it with the help of some instructions if possible as well. Thanks for your help!
Chuck Dykstra, Portage, MIchigan
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

customcars

mine is out being rebuilt so i can not take a pic for you until my friend gets it back to me ......but i will check the shop manual at the trim shop when i go there today (the trim guy has it with the car) and see if there is any information in it..hopefully someone else can help you in the meantime...k

Walter Youshock

Do you need a photo of the top view of the motor?  There are 4 wires on that limit switch.  As for adjustments, all I did with mine was adjust the solenoind in the trunk up or down and shimmed the motor with some washers until the lid closed correctly.

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

J. Gomez

Quote from: carguyblack on August 19, 2009, 10:07:01 PM
Would someone (Jose?) be able to send me a wiring diagram and maybe a photo or 2 of the assembly?  I am restoring one of these for a friend of mine and I don't have a service manual or wiring diagram for the 1957. I have a 56 model myself and this is a little different. It has also had some repair wiring and some splicing and dicing in the past, so I am trying to solder the correct color wire back in the correct spot. I'd like to be able to adjust it with the help of some instructions if possible as well. Thanks for your help!
Chuck Dykstra, Portage, MIchigan

Chuck,

Wiring diagram attach.

Good luck..!

Oops forgot to also add the Service Bulletin for the trunk motor from the modified Cadillac site..! The 128K memory is overloaded..!  :(

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/1950s/1957/1957%20Power%20Trunk%20Motor/
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Renato

Is it open the trunk, and help to be closed am I right?
R. Bognar

J. Gomez

Renato,

That is correct; the motor pulls the trunk latch down (via the striker/trigger switch assembly) once it is close and the solenoid unlatch it to open. The motor then returns striker/trigger switch assembly back to normal when is open.

Hope this helps..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Renato

Thank you. My friend 1960 Lincoln can not close it only open.
R. Bognar

57flw

Chuck,
Here is a photo of my unit showing the new wires I put in.
I am sure I have more pictures if you need them.
Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood