News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help- '73 Eldorado Tire Valve

Started by ElDoritos, August 23, 2009, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElDoritos

Hey fellas

I've got a '73 Eldorado that's been sittin in my garage for something like 15 years, and I figure it's time to clean her up and take her out a bit while summer isn't completely over... I bought some new tires, and after having them mounted by NTB, I had them sitting in my garage overnight for installation this morning.  Well when I went to put them on today, 2 had gone flat... I then inspected them and noticed that the valves stems weren't replaced, and took them back to NTB for a stern talk. They informed me they didn't have them in stock so left them as is, and didn't know how or where to order them.  I drove around the city for the better part of the afternoon checking different parts stores and received blank stares, and being Sunday, the dealerships are all closed...

Can any of you help me out with the part numbers I need to replace everything in the attached picture???

Much appreciated,
Mike
'73 Cadillac Eldorado
'03 Mercedes G500

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I have a '73 Eldorado as well.

These stems are similar to what some types of trucks use.

The stem is brass, has a nut and rubber washer on the end that goes into the wheel.
When I replaced my tires some years ago, I bought some extra stems. Sorry, I only
have four and no extra ones to sell.

You don't need a part number -- just take the stem in the picture to any good tire
store (forget parts stores) like Goodyear, Firestone and talk to one of the older
fellows.  They'll know what it is. 

You could also check with the parts department of any large dealer, they may not have it
but can search on their computers to see if there are any ion the U.S. left.  You'd be
surprised at the stuff that's still around on dealer's shelves.  I found as NOS air conditioner
hose last year doing just that.

Good luck,

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

ElDoritos

no worries, i was able to find it.
Brand is Milton, part number is MIL 471.
'73 Cadillac Eldorado
'03 Mercedes G500

Barry Norman

NAPA stores also have them or can easily get them !
Barry Norman

TJ Hopland

Do you have a Napa part number?    They have lots of stuff but if there is not a category for your make and model in the computer most of them cant find it.   

66-78 Toronado & 67-78 Eldos were the same stem.

Be sure to check the clearance of the front ones against the brake caliper.   I learned that one the hard way.  It dont take much to wear through those things if they are hitting.   If they do hit a block of wood and a hammer usually does the trick.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Barry Norman

I will go to where the car is stored and get the part number for you .
Barry Norman

Frank N. Stein

Quote from: bnorman on August 24, 2009, 08:37:30 AM
I will go to where the car is stored and get the part number for you .

Quote from: ElDoritos on August 23, 2009, 05:32:44 PM
no worries, i was able to find it.
Brand is Milton, part number is MIL 471.
Thats cool, I bet its the same company that makes the air chucks and tire chucks.
Brian Mitchell

1972 Sedan Deville
1978 Eldorado Biarritz