News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

license plates

Started by Malcolm Royalty, August 28, 2009, 10:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Royalty

Hi,  I am a new member, and new to classic car collecting.  We just purchased a 1939 Cadillac convertible model 6129 4dr at auction and it has no license plates.  WE have a copy of the pink slip and it shows a person as the owner, altho we bought it at a Mecum auction.  We are waiting for the original pink slip to come, and then we will register it.  We would like to put 39 California license plates on the car, but can you do that with the DMV?.   I went to AAA today and they were clueless.  Thank you Malcolm Royalty     pls respond to    nancyroyaltyemail addresses not permitted

Joe Manna

Malcom,I sent you an email.

Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I assume you are in Ca. Under the Ca. YOM"year  of manufacture" program, you can put 39 plates on your car. The only problem is if someone else has that letter number combination on some other plates. That's why you need to make sure the plates you purchase are DMV "clear". HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.