News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Museum find

Started by dadscad, August 31, 2009, 11:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadscad

A couple of weeks back I was on a motorcycle vacation down in Texas. Boy, is it hot and dry down there!! We were visiting the USS Texas Battleship, USS Lexington Carrier and the Admiral Nimitz Museum of the South Pacific. We stopped by some car museums too, and I found some surprises at an out of the way museum in Rosanky, Texas. Web site   ctmah.org/

David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

Here are a couple more pics.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

Couple more.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

Another one. wish we could post more than two at a time!

There was a very nice La Salle there also and a 56 sedan that had not been restored.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Jim Thompson

Very nice, thanks for the pics.
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I would also recommend the Central Texas Museum of Automotive History.  They have a wide variety of interesting cars including a Tucker. It definitely is off the beaten track, but it's just a few miles north of I-10 east of San Antonio.

D.Yaros

Quote from: dadscad on August 31, 2009, 11:29:49 AM
A couple of weeks back I was on a motorcycle vacation down in Texas. Boy, is it hot and dry down there!! We were visiting the USS Texas Battleship, USS Lexington Carrier

Not that anyone does, or should care, but I will note that my brother was a member of the Marine Detachment aboard the Lady Lex in 1958.
Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

harry s

Anybody know what kind of distributor setup is in the V-8?
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

dadscad

Dave,

Thank you for sharing, that your brother served on the Lexington. I humbly thank him for his service to our country.

I have never been on a Military Vessel. To me, it was a very eye opening experience to see what our Men and Women in uniform endured aboard the ships. I've always been grateful to our Military, even more so, now days.

David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Chris Cummings

David,

Thanks very much for posting the pictures of the V-16 Cadillac.  It's a beautiful Series 4376 rumbleseat coupe.  I noticed that the distributor cap is missing. 

Did the museum have anything about the car's history?  (All of the V-16s fascinate me.)

Yann Saunders would love to be able to include the photos in the Cadillac Database roster of surviving V-16s.

Thanks again,

Chris Cummings
CLC 20072

Misfit

Quote from: D.Yaros on September 01, 2009, 11:51:28 AM
Not that anyone does, or should care, but I will note that my brother was a member of the Marine Detachment aboard the Lady Lex in 1958.

Why would you say no one cares? I do. And always will. I live my daily life because a Veteren cared.
They stood for OUR freedoms that we have today.

Sign me the proud Son of a Marine.

MisFit

dadscad

Chris,

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. You are welcome to save the photos posted, or, if you like I can send the full size to you if you prefer.

I have attached some pictures of the La Salle and the plack that was in front of the V16 at the Rosanky museum.

I have also attached below, some pictures of another V16 I found in the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. I think the WTT museum has moved since I last visited so I don't know how much of the inventory he still has. There was a 21 Cadillac, 49 Cadillac and what I think was a 54 or 53 Eldorado convertible there also.

David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

Some More
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

More V16
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

dadscad

More V16
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Misfit

Stunning cars. What I wouldn't give or do to have one.

MisFit

Chris Cummings

Dav e,

Thanks for posting the additional V-16 pictures.  I would love to see the full size images.

Since I was a teenager I have found Cadillac V-16s absolutely fascinating.  The first one I ever saw was in the Briggs Cunningham Museum, formerly in Costa Mesa, California.  My family was vacationing in southern California and we stopped there.  I spent at least a half hour gawking at that bronze and black roadster!  The rest of the cars in the museum (and he had some amazing cars) were secondary to me.  That V-16 is now happily situated with a family in Georgia, and I finally got one of my own a few years ago. 

Thanks again,

Chris Cummings

Chris Cummings

Dave,

I wrote to Wheels Through Time Museum, and they told me that the blue V-16 coupe once belonged to Neil Young.  The engine number is 703346.
The museum sent me some additional pictures.

Chris

dadscad

Chris,

Thanks for the additional info on the blue 16. I'll have to add that to my photo album.

Most everything the WTT museum has on display, is drivable. The owner started some early 1900's motorcycles and rode them around the building for us to observe. He also took a group of us down to his shop to show us where he restores the museum display inventory. The inventory is not a pristine display, most of the units are mechanically restored but are not cosmetically restored. They have the original paint, dents and surface wear you would expect to be on one but they are functional.

Sorry I haven't forwarded the full size photos yet, I'll try to get to that this weekend. It's supposed to rain here in Arkansas for the next several days so I won't be able to be out and about with the Cadillac or motorcycles.

David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille