News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A Texarkana 1955 Cadillac Series 75

Started by Charles D. Barnette, August 31, 2009, 02:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

My friend Stephen Yarberry of Texarkana acquired today a black 1955 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine (without a division window) complete with jump seats. Carla will post the photo session that Stephen and I did today in two locations of the car on Stephen's trailer in Texarkana. The second location is in front of The Arkansas Municipal Auditorium where Elvis Presley performed as a part of the Louisiana Hayride circuit in 1954 through 1955. By 1956, Elvis belonged to the world! Stephen is an Elvis impersonator and will use the Limo in his Elvis act along with the 1955 Cadillac Series 60 that Stephen owns. Charles D. Barnette

Carla Tynes

Here's Stephen and his Limo.

Carla Tynes

Here are shots of the front and rear sans Stephen.

Carla Tynes

Here are the jump seats and clock in the rear of the Limo.

Carla Tynes

Here is a shot of the Limo in transit through the rear-view mirror of Stephen's tow truck.  Also here is a shot of the Limo in front of the Texarkana-Arkansas Municipal Auditorium-a holy Elvis Presley Shrine.

Carla Tynes

Here are additional pictures of the Limo in front of the Arkansas Municipal Auditorium. 

Carla Tynes

Here are the final two pictures of the driver's side of the car in front of the Arkansas Municipal Auditorium.

kelly

Charles,
  Congrats to Stephen on his recent aquisition. The restoration of a '75 series is a bit of a dounting task, but the "big cars" are worth the effort. Looks like this one is all there, so life will be much easier in the task. Looks very solid and complete.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

jaxops

Great pictures.  It brings back a lot of memories of dragging our 56 down from Phila.  Let all of us know if you need help, there's a lot of expertise on this board.  It is great to see a limousine being saved instead of being carved up or crushed.  It's a long road, but as Kelly said, well worth it when you're done.  There are plenty of coupes and convertibles but few of us nuts who restore huge limousines.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Cadillac1955

This is a great car. I wish it was mine :-)
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

Charles D. Barnette

Stephen looked in his glove compatment and found papers verifying that the Series 75 was first owned by Stewart Mortuary in Salida, Colorado. We surmise it was used as a family car during funerals. This mortuary is no longer in business. Can anyone help Stephen get in touch with someone who was connected with the mortuary in order to get pictures or further information about the car? Thanks, Charles-I am working on Stephen joining the club! We do know that the car is one of 1075 built.