News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac transmission adjustment?

Started by carguyblack, September 05, 2009, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Was wondering if there is an adjustment for the transmission so that it doesn't shift into 4th gear so fast? The trans seems to shift fine through the first 3 gears but it doesn't seem to allow for engine RPM to increase a little before it immediately goes into 4th. When it does that it seems to bog the engine down. The same holds true when I slow down for a corner. The trans doesn't seem to upshift as soon as I would like and remains in 4th until I begin to accelerate harder. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Misfit

The TV rod between the accelerator linkage on the carb and the transmission is the only readily available adjustment that I know of.

Have you followed the Factory Service Manual for adjustments here?? Some tweaking will be needed to assure proper shift speeds. These will be listed in the Manual.

MisFit