News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 turn signal switch steering column assembly

Started by Christian Claeys, September 07, 2009, 01:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian Claeys

I have been carefully documenting and photographing everything on my '59 Sedan DeVille as I disassemble each part of my body off restoration.  All has gone smoothly until.....I was removing the turn signal switch plate on the underside of the steering column while breaking down the components to prepare for paint.  When I removed the two screws from the cresent shaped contact plate that the wires are soldered to, tiny ball bearings and copper electrical contact pieces fell in my lap.  Does anyone have a diagram showing how this component is assembled?

Vsixteen

Hi
Did you also get two tiny springs out of it? I just did mine and I can tell you how to put it back together. Do you have a photo of all your parts?
Steve
1958 Coupe De Ville
1958 Sedan De Ville
1958 Convertible
1959 Convertible CLC Senior & AACA Senior

Christian Claeys

I can take a photo tomorrow and put it up, I hope I have all the parts  :-\