News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 Coupe Deville photo

Started by Kurt Wrebel, September 08, 2009, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Wrebel

I'll double check that 'T' see if it could be a 'Y'. Although my car only has the two way seat; forwards and backwards - that's it.

Walter Youshock

Hmmmmmm........

That's even more strange.  AC was part of a Group C, which included AC, white walls, heater, radio and tinted glass.  The 6-way seat was part of a numbered group along with Autronic-Eye, license frames and Dor-Gards.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Kurt Wrebel

The car did once have air conditioning, and still has the original radio and tinted glass, but no sign of the Autronic-Eye and Dor-Gards.

Walter Youshock

One group was the Equipment Group and the other an Accessories Group.

The only way to know for sure is to order the "Cars Built" sheet from GM Historical.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Kurt Wrebel

That might be worth doing at some point. I'd like to know a lot more about the history of the car anyway, and when I get the time - look forward to doing some research.