News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 Deville Heater Core not availble for AC cars??? but 1970 is????

Started by Kevin Wiles, September 20, 2009, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Wiles

I've called O'Reilly Auto
Their computer has no listing for a heater core for 69 deville with air

Advance Auto Says same thing

Now heres the weird part

EVEN ROCKAUTO.COM has no listing for my part

But if you go to 1970 they have it for with or without air.

What gives?

Surely 70 wouldnt be any different from 69 would it?????  Can anyone confirm?

Carfreak

70 should work for you.

Modified Chapter has Illustrated Parts Catalogs and Master Parts Lists in their Document Section:   

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/Shop_Manuals_and_Illus_Catalogs/
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Kevin Wiles

if I look at the picture of the heater core for 68 on rock auto, it looks exactly the same, but 70 has no picture but on ebay there's a seller with a 70 heater core, it looks just a little different.

yet the manual you posted above states differently.

so i'm still unsure.

Kevin Wiles

i'm surprised this hasnt been brought up before since i'm sure theres been a lot of 69's with air to have a heater core failure..  And these stores computers not showing any listing has me puzzled.  I believe its just an error in the systems.

But I bought a 68 heater core from Advance auto because it looks exactly the same.  Despite what is indicated in the part manual above the 70 looks a bit different from mine in the stock pictures at the parts house, one of the pipes looks shorter than the other in the picture of it, whereas mine has both pipes coming out to about the same length.

So, when it comes in tomorrow, I'll post back here and let it be known for the record whether its wrong or right.

Kevin Wiles

people people people.

i am sorry to say the 68 heater core did not work.

it is too thick and the outlets are slightly closer together.

I'm going to trade it in for a 1970 heater core and see if it works better, even though stock photos from the parts store shows the 70 as having the outlets uneven (one is shorter than the other)  it might still work

I am VERY suprised this has never came up before.  Has nobody here ever replaced a 69 heater core?  what gives?    Ya FLAT CANNOT BUY a 69 A/C heater core for a Deville!  VERY UNUSUAL!!!!  If anyone can steer me in the correct direction I would be very thankful!!!!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Gee, Kevin, the boys tried to help you but... If the MPB shows it the same then it IS the same. Pay no attention to pictures in an aftermarket book. I'm sure the 70 will work. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Kevin Wiles

but you gotta admit, when no stores have a listing for 69 and the 70 pictures look different from 69, it throws up a red flag.

I'll let you all know when i find out.

thanks for the replies

Otto Skorzeny

Yes, but you can't always go by the pictures - even in factory manuals. They'll often just use whatever stock photo they have whether it's the correct photo or not.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Kevin Wiles

OK FINALLY i've got it in my hand, the advance auto parts "1970" heater core.  It looks EXACTLY EXACTLY like a 69.    If you need one, order a 70.  Do not look at the picture on their computer screen, just order it, and when it arrives it will be right.   thanks to you all.

I hope this helps someone in the future from having the same confusion.

Otto Skorzeny

How much was it from Advance Auto? And while you're at it, where was it manufactured?
fward

jeff1956

when i worked the parts counter at advance they sold ready aire brand heater cores...id say it was no more than 50.00 remembering from my experiences...im probably wrong!! lol

jeff

jeff

Otto Skorzeny

Good memory, Jeff. Kevin , any clue as to its origin? I'm just curious to see if it's Mexico or China. I notice lately, though that lots of radiators and heater cores are made in Thailand of all places.
fward