News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac temperature sender unit location?

Started by carguyblack, September 25, 2009, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Taking the car out for a test drive this afternoon, I noticed that somewhere along the line today the temperature gage went to cold and stayed there. Initially today it warmed up to the first line and stayed there like it should. Anyway, I'm wondering if the sender wire itself may have jostled off but I can't remember where to look for it. Could someone refresh my memory as to the location of the engine temperature sender unit? Thanks for your help! Chuck Dykstra, Portage, MI
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

Chuck,

its in the front of the block just below the p/s pump to the right of the oil filler tube as you facre the car.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

carguyblack

Thanks! I found it ( I thought that was the oil sender) . Unfortunatley it wasn't a loose wire so perhaps my gage has now blown. Need to do the service manual test they suggest for the sender itself before I go into the dash again, now that it is all buttoned up. Such fun!!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

The oil sender is a reall PITA. It's way in the back of the engine by the firewall just above the bell housing.

Here's the tempsender for anyone who's interested.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE