News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1980-1989 cadillac body side moldings

Started by dante battistini, October 03, 2009, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dante battistini

I have a 1981 coupe deville and I am looking for the correct body side molding.  These are stick on starting in 1980.  If anyone knows where or if they are available I would appreciate a tip.  Thank you

RobW

I could be wrong but I thought 80 still had the studs and clips?
I know 82 and 83 had a silver edge on the colored vinyl stick on molding and 84-5 had flat plain colored stick on molding. I'm thinking they started the wider ones on either 86 or 87 broughams.
Rob Wirsing

dante battistini

Quote from: RobW on October 03, 2009, 03:42:11 PM
I could be wrong but I thought 80 still had the studs and clips?
I know 82 and 83 had a silver edge on the colored vinyl stick on molding and 84-5 had flat plain colored stick on molding. I'm thinking they started the wider ones on either 86 or 87 broughams.
I'm pretty sure 80 had stick on.   Anyway, they all had some sort of stick on body side molding.  Any idea of where to find something fairly original looking for my 81?

RobW

Here's an example. Not exact for an 81 but this is/was what the aftermarket had even back then.
http://www.customautotrim.com/products/moldings/body_5eights.htm
Scroll down to MDG101
Rob Wirsing

dante battistini

Funny you suggested these moldings.  I ordered them on Sunday.  I guess great minds think alike!

Dante