News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need help : Unity Spotlight for Cadillac 1955

Started by Cadillac1955, October 04, 2009, 03:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Can someone post a picture of where the rod to spotlight goes through the body inside the car? Through the dash pad? Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

Cadillac1955

Quote from: Cadillac1955 on October 04, 2009, 03:44:29 PM
Can someone post a picture of where the rod to spotlight goes through the body inside the car? Through the dash pad? Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955

43 views and no replies??
Anyone who may have a pic of how and where the rod to the spotlight goes through the body?
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

jeff1956

spotlights may not be that popular on these cars anymore.  personally i think it would detract from the elegance of the car by the addition of spotlights.  elvis'  55 fleetwood has or had spotlights at one time.  you may be able to find pictures of it and its spotlights.   personally i wouldnt have them on mine, but thats personal preference.

jeff

Otto Skorzeny

Spotlights are normally mounted on the A pillar. I've never seen one that protruded through the dash. The control handle is normally above the dash on the A pillar. Go look at a cop car - you'll see what I'm talking about.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Cadillac1955

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Conv. 1965

Joe Manna

Cars with a straight A-pillar,the light shaft went through the pillar,however,cars from 55 and up,the shaft came through the dash.It was kind of hard to mount real spots on or through a wrap-around windshield.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Otto Skorzeny

Yes that makes sense. After looking at the picture, I see why that is. Obviously I don't have one on my '56. Weird seeing the knobs protruding from the face of the dash.
fward