News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

39 Hubcap Medallions

Started by kgarretty, October 05, 2009, 04:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgarretty

I recently purchased replacement hubcap medallions for a 39 60S.  The originals are 3 ¼” and the replacements are 3”.  Anybody know where I can get the correct ones

Otto Skorzeny

Where did you get the 3" ones?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

kgarretty

I think I got them from Cooper's, but I can't seem to find the receipt.  They're really nice, but I'd need to drill new slots in the hubcaps to make them fit.

Fred Zwicker #23106

Bill Hirsch may have these.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

kgarretty

After seeing his website, I think that is where I got them.  I sent him an EMail regarding the size.  They're sold as fitting 1939's

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Welcome to the wonderful world of INCORRECT reproductions! Most of the reproduction projects like this were done by ONE company who then wholesales them to many different retailers. So... it really doesn't make any difference WHO you bought them from. They're all the same. I had the same problem with 41 emblems. Finally got PO'd and got out my NOS ones. Of course they fit perfectly!. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

kgarretty

Any idea where I could get some NOS?

Thanks

Keith Garretty

kgarretty

According to Hirsch Auto, the 1939 and 1940 Cadillac hubcaps use a 3" diameter medallion- The 1941-53 all use a 3-1/4" diameter medallion.   I can only assume that I do not have the correct hubcaps.  Hirsch is exchanging them for 3 ¼” Cheaper than new hubcaps.  Learn something new every day.