News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Engine N° on 1940 60s

Started by Eduardo Contreras, October 09, 2009, 12:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eduardo Contreras

Hi, I'm trying to find the engine number of my 60s Town Car, in the books seems it is in the crankcase parallel to the firewall on the drivers side, but that is not visible unless you take off the clutch case, any clue?

Thanks

Eduardo  :-\

baxterculver

Eduardo,

The number is stamped in two locations.  It is stamped on the top left side of the frame adjacent to the steering gear and it is stamped on the engine block, just behind the left hand cylinder bank, parallel with the dash.  Pictures of both locations are in the Authenticity Manual, Class 10, for 1939-40 Series 60S and other Series from the same years, on page I-3.  The Manual contains a rich amount of detail and photographs that will guide you as you use or restore your Cadillac.

The Authenticity Manual is available from the Cadillac-LaSalle Club.  Check the home page for ordering information.
baxter culver clc#17184

Eduardo

Thaks Baxter, I'm going to try to buy one...

Ed