News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

58 Cad Window Regulator interchange with 58 Olds ?

Started by Mike, October 13, 2009, 08:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there can answer this question for me. Would the power window regulator ( arms ) interchange from the rear doors of a 58 Caddy Sedan to the rear doors of a 58 Olds Wagon ?
Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks
Michael

Walter Youshock

The motors should be the same, but I don't know about the mechanism itself.  I would figure they would.

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Walter, not a good idea to figure. I just checked both the Cad & Olds Master Parts Books & there is NO interchange. The Olds regs are even different between 57 & 58. They are probably the same between Olds & Buick, but I don't have a Buick book. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Walter Youshock

Well, if I had the Master Parts Book here, I, too, would have checked it.  That was my plan for this evening.

Thank you for taking care of that.  Now, was I at least correct about the motor?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Yes, you were correct on the motor. Do you have an Olds MPB?
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Mike

Thanks Guys. I always have had trouble with Caddy parts interchanging with Olds before, so it does not surprise me. Oh Well,
Michael

Carfreak

Quote from: Walter Youshock on October 13, 2009, 01:18:05 PM

Well, if I had the Master Parts Book here, I, too, would have checked it. 

Cad Master Parts Lists & Illustrated Catalogs are available for most of the 50s thru mid 70s @ Modified Chapter Docs Section:

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/Shop_Manuals_and_Illus_Catalogs/
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Coupe

Correct me if I mis-read your post, you are looking for regulators for your Olds wagon.  If so per the Hollander Interchange  manual your only options for manual regulators are '57 and '58 Buick Special and Century 4 dr sedans along with '57 and '58 Olds 4 dr sedan and sedan wagon. As far as electric your choices are '58 Buick Special and Century 4 dr except hardtop and '57 & '58 Olds 4 dr sedan and wagon.

If you want electric have you tried any after market vendors such as Electric-Life?
1957 Coupe de Ville
1962 Sedan de Ville (4 window)
1993 Allante
1938 Chevrolet Business Coupe (Sold)
1949 Jeepster VJ-2

Otto Skorzeny

You know Paul, now that you mention it, I'm not quite sure what Mike is trying to do.

I assumed that he wanted to use Olds regulators in a Cadillac since this is a Cadillac forum. However, his question is posed in such a manner as to make one believe he is trying to do the opposite - i.e. install Cadillac regulators in an Olds.

Some people might not see the difference in the two questions but sometimes a part from one make will substitute fine on another make but the reverse  does not always hold true.

Either way, it looks like he got enough information here to figure it out regardless of what car he needs regulators for.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Chris Conklin

Quote from: CarFreak on October 13, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
Cad Master Parts Lists & Illustrated Catalogs are available for most of the 50s thru mid 70s @ Modified Chapter Docs Section:
http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/Shop_Manuals_and_Illus_Catalogs/

Sorry, off-topic a bit here, but can you say "irony"? Is it just me, or does it strike anybody else as funny that if you want access to great data on how to keep your original Cadillac original you go to the modified chapter?  :D

And I must take this chance to give a big Thank You to them as well. A fantastic resource that I hit on often.  ;D
Chris Conklin

Otto Skorzeny

Agreed.

And that's not the only thing you'll find at the Modified Cadillac site that will help you keep your Cadillac original.

Click on the the link in my signature to see what it is.  ;)
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE