News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

ATTENTION TASSIE!!

Started by John Morris, October 13, 2009, 11:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Morris

Hi Bruce. It seems I can not email you directly through CLC. My computer problem, not clubs. I'm writing because all my recent posts introduce me as a guest. I've been a member 3 years or so. In past, I always got a friendly reminder a month beforte dues were due. I have not received anything this year. Of course I don't remember the month they are due. Any way I can check & see whats up?

JAMES A. (JIM) THOMAS

I HATE TO HANG ON SOMEONE ELSE' COATTALE , BUT, I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR ALMOST TEN (10 years) AND I RECIVER THE SAME TREATMENT.  JIM

The Tassie Devil(le)

The fact that youi are a Member of the CLC or not, has nothing to do with the Message Board.

The Due Date of your Membership Dues is written on the Address Label of your copy of the Self Starter.

If you are still receiving the SS, then you are still a current Member, and when you stop getting it, you cease to be a Member of the CLC.

As far as the Message Board goes, you become a Member when you fill out the Registration requirements, and Activate the Membership.

Being a Guest means that you haven't filled out the Registration requirements, or Activated the Account.

I will look into your Membership of the Website, and try and fix it, but the CLC Membership, you might just check the SS for that expiry date.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

The Tassie Devil(le)

I have just sent you both emails, and hopefully the issus can be resolved shortly.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Glen

Look at the top of the page.  You will see a line that starts with “CLC Home Forum Home” etc.  If there is a one that reads “Login” then you are not logged into the forum and you will be treated as a guest. The only way the forum knows who you are is by you logging in. 

Now do you remember your log in name and pass word?  I didn’t when I logged out to be sure the line was still there when logged out. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Steve Passmore

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on October 14, 2009, 12:59:40 AM
The fact that youi are a Member of the CLC or not, has nothing to do with the Message Board.

I was just about to tell John the same thing Bruce, you beat me to it, Thats problably why he cant email you direct also. I think many people use this forum who are not, and have never been CLSC members
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Steve Passmore CLC 22373 on October 14, 2009, 03:51:08 AM
I was just about to tell John the same thing Bruce, you beat me to it, Thats problably why he cant email you direct also. I think many people use this forum who are not, and have never been CLSC members
G'day Steve, and others,

The Personal Message section is not working, and hasn't been from the inception of the new Format, but my own email address is there, so I can be contacted by normal email.

We realise that there are a lot of people out there that aren't CLC Members, and from what I can see, when reading many Posts, are encouraged to join the CLC to gain more information.   Even just receiving the Self Starter is worth every penny, and the International Membership is a priceless bonus.

PS.   Joining the CLC was the first time that I ever received a Membership Number from any of the Clubs I belong to.   That in itself is special.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

J I Garner #23406

I have been a member for several years and I am still a guest when I post. I know it is my fault, but ignorance is something I have to deal with. I have tried several times to complete the registration with no success.
Jim

Walter Youshock

I have also found that when someone cleans out their browser--deleting cookies and saved passwords--that this "problem" arises.  I reset two accounts yesterday.

You MUST know your User Name and Password, otherwise the Message Board will think you are a Guest.  There is nothing wrong with the Board itself, it is the individual account.

We can always reset someone's password.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham