News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How was the Fall Hershey this year?

Started by Jim Salmi #21340, October 14, 2009, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Salmi #21340

Didn't get a chance to go to Hershey this year.   :'(   How was it?  Did they change auction companies?  I'm curious if prices in the car corral and auction seem to be stable.  Any feedback would be welcome. 
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

Carfreak

Wednesday was WINDY!! Heard a couple port a johns got blown over, plus tents, boxes, etc.   Thursday was great; sunny and about 70F. 

Friday was predicted to rain most of the day and I think it caused several vendors to pack up & leave end of the day Thursday.  We did get rain for about 10 mins in the morning; just long enough to put on your rain gear.  Think it rained lightly & briefly again a short while later.  The afternoon cleared up and turned out to be another nice day.  Great swap meet weather. 

Saturday started out rainy & damp but by early afternoon the sun was shining.  Car show was great, as always - many of the 'regulars' and some vehicles that we haven't seen before. 

Overall swap attendance seemed down a bit and there were quite a few empty vendor spaces.  Heard a couple vendors say that their sales were down also. 

Car corral was pretty full; with the new location around the perimeter of the Giant parking lot, seems to get bigger every year.  Prices were across the board; some deals to be had and some prices were quite amusing. 

Any word from the CLC tent if attendance (based on sign in sheets) was on par to previous years, higher or lower? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

:)

mario

hey car freak:
is that bottom pic a tucker, convertible???
ciao,
mario

Otto Skorzeny

It sure looks like it to me. I wonder if it's made from a real Tucker or if it's fiberglass.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Quote from: mario on October 15, 2009, 12:47:29 AM
hey car freak:
is that bottom pic a tucker, convertible???
ciao,
mario

Yes.  Do you know how many toes I had to step on to get these pics?    ;D

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on October 15, 2009, 06:38:19 AM
I wonder if it's made from a real Tucker or if it's fiberglass.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/article/The_Mysterious_Tucker_convertible/
http://tuckerconvertible.com/story

Bill Lucarelli #22702

YES....a Tucker Conv. sign said #1 of one produced, for a cool $2.3 million....it was outstanding.
1959  Eldorado conv
1958  Porsche speedster
1948  Plymouth woody

35-709

Very interesting, CF.  Thank you for the links.
Geoff
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

76eldo

I read something about this car a while ago.  I don't think it was actually built during the time period that the original 50 some Tuckers were produced.  It was assembled from a collection of parts and Tucker cars within the past few years.

Obviously, anyone buying such a car would want full documentation on it, and would know what they are buying.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Copy and paste the address that appears below into your web browser or simply click on the link.

http://community.oldcarsweekly.com/go/thread/view/29551/20952969/2009_AACA_Hershey_Meet__Photos_from_the_Car_Corral

The sight of the show cars driving into the meet is always a feast for the eyes.

Otto Skorzeny

It's funny how that top makes the car look more like a Buick.
fward

Otto Skorzeny

I just read the article.

So that's why it looks like a Buick!
fward