News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Winter mothballing

Started by alan feltham, October 16, 2009, 05:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan feltham

Does anyone know of an effective alternative to "smelly" mothballs for protection the wool-based interior against "critters" during winter storage?

RobW

Dryer sheets are another choice. And plug the exhaust with steel wool.
Rob Wirsing

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Coupe

Defintely check the link Forest has attached. Regarding critters, I have used a product called "Fresh Cab" in both my cars and boat for the last few years with good results. Just type it in your search engine and you'll find a number of sites selling it. Check your farm and garden store also. They usually have a better price. Just the other day I heard about a product called Mouse Magic. I have not tried it or know anyone who has.

The most fool proof way to prevent critters getting in your car is to jack it up take the tires off, put the car on jack stands sitting in drain pans with an inch of waste oil in them. They will not cross the oil.
1957 Coupe de Ville
1962 Sedan de Ville (4 window)
1993 Allante
1938 Chevrolet Business Coupe (Sold)
1949 Jeepster VJ-2