News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ok I read that 1959 and 1960 fenders are different...but how?

Started by Bryan Jobe, October 20, 2009, 07:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Jobe

I've searched through the archives but havn't been able to determine what is different between the two years other than the 60 would have holes for the turn signals.
I'm assuming there are different holes for trim as well, but is there a physical difference?

Thanks!

bryan
1962 Sedan Deville project
1962 Triple Maize convertible project

Per C. 4218

I believe the stampings are identical, the only difference being the trim holes.

Carfreak

Quote from: Per C. 4218 on October 20, 2009, 09:39:51 PM

I believe the stampings are identical, the only difference being the trim holes.

The stampings ARE NOT IDENTICAL.    In addition to the holes being in different locations, there is a difference in the STAMPING of the area in front of the wheel well opening. 

On a '59, there is a 'dip', whereas a '60 is straight across. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Roger Zimmermann

In fact, it's not the same part number. In regard to the 1960 front fenders, there is the notation: "drill molding attaching holes as required". If the fenders would be exactly the same as 1959, they would carry the same part number as the holes had to be drilled.

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Carl Schreiber

Nice to see they didn't just save 'one-year-only' stuff for 1957...

Carl Schreiber