News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone with knowledge of Lone Star Cadillac in Dallas?

Started by Charlie Petty, October 24, 2009, 09:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Petty

My '56 was apparently sold new at Lone Star Cadillac in Dallas.  I can't find a dealer so-named now.  Anyone with any knowledge of this dealership?  I'd like to get info, photos, advertising items etc. if there's any out there. 
Thanks
Charlie

okccadman

Charlie,

Lone Star losed many years ago.  CLC member John Foust at Honest Johns Caddy Corner has one of the signs fro the dealership.  I also purchased some original GM design drawings from him that were found and sold in the liquidation auction.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Tod - NTCLC

I will throw out what little I can share -

Lone Star Cadillac evolved from Prather Cadillac - the Prathers were the original Cadillac people in Dallas.  Originally located on Main St. (back to back with Stutz Motorcars which was located on Commerce St. - you can still see the Stutz script on painted on the brick of the building).  They moved over to Live Oak, and finally to Ross Ave as Lone Star Cadillac, where they were a fixture up until the 1980s. Massey bought out Lone Star and moved the dealership out of downtown, first to NW Highway, and finally to the current location on I635.

The Prather family was instrumental in several projects in Dallas, and built the Highland Park Village shopping center when the exculsive enclave was being developed in the 30s (Highland Park Village remains an exclusive retail center in the heart of Highland Park).

You might want to contact Honest John Cadillac in Justin TX  www honestjohn.com - John Foust worked for Lone Star for several years before they were purchased by Massey - as a matter of fact, that is how he got started with his business - he picked up lots of obsolete parts and literature for a song when they began cleaning out the Ross Avenue location, and now operates an excellent parts supply yard for old Cadillac parts - as friendly a guy as you will ever meet, and I am sure he can share more details about the Lone Star.

Charlie Petty