News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My New Addition! - Ret. Single Owner 1991 Brougham - Colonel Duquette's Cadillac

Started by Rollochrome, November 03, 2009, 03:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollochrome

A local retired Army Colonel, and disabled vet, had this Brougham ordered from the factory in 1991. He drove it 92,000 miles until he passed away earlier this year. Always garage kept. Unbelievable maintenance has been extended. Starts and runs like it is absolutely brand new. 5.0 V8 will burn rubber off the rear tires if you even accidentally give it too much gas at a light. Floats like a boat. Blue leather is near 100%. Carpet is a steamclean away from being 100%. Minor imperfection in the paint on a rear door, but 100% rust free top and bottom. Fluids all look like they're new. Hoses look new. Belt looks new. AC works. Power seats and mirrors work. New tires. New brakes. Awesome car!!

Apparently the grandkids mourned his passing for a few months, then had a car dealer friend put it on craigslist and it just so happened to be a couple blocks from my office. I also just so happened to look on craigslist that morning, see it listed, and ran on down there for a test drive. The test drive consisted of me driving to the bank and withdrawing some cash. I got it for $3,200 out the door. Seems like a REAL good deal to me. What do YOU think??

I'd say it is 95% mint. Rear filler panels will need replacing in a year or so. Tape deck plays at Alvin and the Chipmunks speed. The power windows are quirkey and the "recliner" control doesn't seem to work....but beyond that, I'd say this is pretty close to showroom floor condition.

There is a brass plaque on the dash that says "Built Especially for Colonel Duquette" and a Cadillac emblem. Pretty cool. The armrest still had his 40's era tapes in it too. Sentimental Journey, etc. Pretty neat to have the car of an old vet, especially one that was obvously his pride and joy. I'm going to refer to it as Colonel Duquette's Cadillac as I just bought it, but he earned it.....

How do you like it?
O.P. Smith
CLC Member # 25564
--1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertable, red on white leather
--1991 Cadillac Brougham, white on blue leather
--1991 Chevrolet Suburban Regency Custom Conversion 4wd, white w/ graphics on maroon leather
--1979 Corvette resto-mod
--1969 Kaiser Willis Deuce & 1/2
--a handfull of boring current production daily drivers destined to be tin cans

Otto Skorzeny

The last good looking Cadillac body style. Everything since is a big yawner with the exception of the XLR.

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Jim Thompson

1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

Rollochrome

Thanks!

I really had been hunting for one with the 5.7, but this was soooooo near mint that I figured I better not pass on it.

$3200 is probably AT market value for a 92,000 mile car, so I don't expect to double my money upon sale or anything like that....but I certainly think I got a good deal. Besides, I don't plan on selling it anytime soon so it's not an issue.
O.P. Smith
CLC Member # 25564
--1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertable, red on white leather
--1991 Cadillac Brougham, white on blue leather
--1991 Chevrolet Suburban Regency Custom Conversion 4wd, white w/ graphics on maroon leather
--1979 Corvette resto-mod
--1969 Kaiser Willis Deuce & 1/2
--a handfull of boring current production daily drivers destined to be tin cans

Joe Manna

Lots of luck with your new addition!.I have a 91 Brougham too.Just love it.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

jaxops

It looks showroom new!  Congratulations!  I'd say it was a great buy.  1991 is still in the realm of having some nice body style, and new enough not to worry about the ethanol gas.  You have a comfortable and classy ride!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Chris Conklin

Congratulations! That car has a great stance, sits high, has a very solid look to it.
Chris Conklin