News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help Identify the years of these cigar lighter ends?

Started by carguyblack, November 04, 2009, 07:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

I've got 3 different lighter units since my restoration of my 1956 and I don't know if these are all Cadillac. Any help and does anybody need one of these?
I have the rest of the lighter unit but separated them for the blurry (sorry!) picture.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

Offhand the center one looks like the rear seat lighter on the 56.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

carguyblack

Really? Whenever I had inquired about the rear lighters, folks always told me that they were the same as the dash lighters so that's what I used in my coupe. So that's not correct? The dash style look cool in the backseat but they are pretty bulky. If what you're telling me is correct, maybe the size on an armrest is why Cadillac used the shorter smooth ones. Unfortunately, I only have one of these puppies. So now begins the hunt for number two. Thanks Forrest.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on November 04, 2009, 08:12:39 PM
Offhand the center one looks like the rear seat lighter on the 56.
I would say the same as you, Otto. The other ones are not for 1956. I have a Sedan de Ville and the lighter for the rear seat is looking like the one in the middle and on my '56 Biarritz, both for the rear seat are also identical.
Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Otto Skorzeny

nO cHUCK, THE DASH LIGHTERS MATCH THE REST OF THE KNOBS IN THE '56.

The rear ones look like the center knob in your photo - the two on the armrests in the CDV.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE