News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

V-12 water hose install alignment needed

Started by Ty, November 08, 2009, 01:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Hello,
I have installed a new water hose at the bottom of the 1937 V-12 radiator (from the radiator to the water pump intake). It has taken on the same very deep pinch at the bottom of the right front edge of the engine where it turns to align with the intake of the water pump just like the old one did. Strange, the '37 shop manual states this should be a 4" length hose connection. I took off and replaced about a two and one-half foot section of straight hose. Maby I followed the wrong path? Should I have used the entire new three foot section and put it somehow below the oil pan? Can someone show me a line drawing, or a photo of the correct route for this hose, and how long it should be?
Many thanks,
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

harry s

Ty,
For that long of a run there probably would have been a pipe with a 4" hose connecting it to the water pump. A hose that long could would also have a greater possibility of collapsing. Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Jack Mcilwraith

Ty  I have a copy of the parts book for that era which shows two short pieces of hose attached to a metal pipe?  Not a great picture,hope it's of some use.

Ty

Wow! Thank you. It looks like that pipe has a bend in one end to meet the radiator outlet too. Now I can get it done right.
Thank you.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330