News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Flexible duct work 55 Caddy

Started by Bob Kielar, November 08, 2009, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

The flexible duct work for the heating system in my Caddy is shot. Someone put dryer vent under the hood the silver stuff really looks bad. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Bob; McVey's has the correct duct your looking for. It's a rubber coated type of fabric with wire wraped around it internally. very tough stuff, but very flexible.  Sells it by the foot and has different diameters Here's what it looks like

Paul

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Bob Kielar

Thanks for the quick response. I will look them up, by the way nice looking engine.
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Thanks. Be advised that McVey's has good stuff, but the price is high too. I forget what I paid for mine, but it was expensive.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Whit Otis, 1188

Back in the 1970's, I was in the pipe organ business with a couple of other guys.  We used a product called "Flexaust" to plumb the air from the wind reservoir to the windchest that that pipes sit on.  In short, it was that rubbery looking material with a spiral helix in it.  It came in many sizes and I would bet that McVey's and others buy it from them.  Go to flexaust.com, and look at the product called flexaust and flexadux.  They make it in diameters from 2" to 24".  They have tons of other "hose" products, but I believe the flexaust is the one you need.  However, you can call them with critical info such as diameter, distance between the wire helix sprial, type of material, etc.  Also, ask if they have a dealer or distributor near you.  You might save yourself some money.
Whit Otis
Whit Otis -
1941 6219D Custom
1941 6219D
1940 7533F
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SEL
1999 Bentley Arnage
2019 XT5
Drawing of AP Sloan Custom by Terry Wenger

Otto Skorzeny

Hi Bob,

McVey's contact information and many others' can be found by clicking on the link in my signature. There are a couple restoration specialty companies on thatlist that also carry the duct product.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Cooper's Vintage is another source - great vendor!!!

Should definitely be cheaper than McVey's

http://www.coopersvintage.com/pdf/1955.pdf

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

CEC #20099

CEC  #20099
Flexaust-  Mc Master-Carr Supply Co. supplies it.  www.mcmaster.com   Industrial supply house shipping worldwide.