News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 antenna agony

Started by Doug 22747, November 15, 2009, 09:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug 22747

I shut the car down after my Sunday drive, and the antenna didn't move.  Usually, it retreats into the fender.  It will raise manually (via the dash switch), but wont go down via the switch (or any other way).  Since the radio plays and the antenna goes up, I figure the fuses are good.  I did find a relay hanging under the steering column near the firewall, one lead was disconnected, which I remedied; no change. But the relay just hangs there, partially stuffed behind the carpet...

While driving the car prior to the problem, I was playing with the cruise control.  I played with it so much that the green "cruise" light quit coming on.  Then I got home and experienced the antenna dilemma.  I wonder if there's any correlation?  The car is a fleetwood 60S. 

Thanks Doug
Doug Browne
Atlanta, GA

Dave Shepherd

Check for 12v to the down side wire at the antenna connector, this will tell you if it is internal or a control problem.

Herb

Doug, Here is the schematic for the 1974-75 Cadillac antenna. Maybe this will help. On my Eldo the antenna relay is in the passenger side where the carpet joins the firewall. Herb #21704

Doug 22747

thanks to you both.  I think the relay I found was actually the door buzzer, which I disconnected a few years ago ;D  Doug
Doug Browne
Atlanta, GA