News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Chrome Kleenex box thingy...

Started by Steve W, November 20, 2009, 02:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

So, I'm on this site as I usually am after work, and my "significant other" comes up and says "whaddya doing?". So I show her the website and tell her how I am getting so much great advice here, and she gets all excited and says "Hey! Maybe you can find that chrome Kleenex thingy like we saw on the Eldorado at Bob's Big Boy!!!"

So...does anyone know where I can find that chrome Kleenex box holder that goes under the dash...or was that Eldorado only? Was it even an option for the 68 CdV?
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Dave Shepherd

In the day we put them on as a after sale accessory, thru the parts dept.  I believe they should be available on E Bay.  I gave one away last year that was in a 60 Buick in my shop, the owner said it got in the way!

Jeffrey Burland

Hi Steve,
The tissue dispenser was a dealer option from 65 or 66-70 for your car. The Master parts book is stating 67-70, but as luck would have it, the last page of my '67 book is missing. There are earlier ones of a different style.  It's chrome with black slotted front and a Cadillac crest in the middle. Bolts under the passenger side dash and swings out. I sure someone here has one. If not, eBay is a great source for them. Usually around $100 depending on condition. The was also a 'TissueMate' which was 'post tissue event' receptacle. HTH, Jeff

Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Mike GA

That's great info Jeff, thanks for posting it.

Steve, they come up every few weeks on ebay.  Hold on to your wallet.
Mike Manley
1968 Deville Convertible

Chris Conklin

You're lucky Steve, my wife usually walks up and says "Ooooo... Maybe you can sell that big huge giant car there..." Maybe I'll see you at Bob's, though I don't go there often. Too crowded and usually a lot of the same Road King cars.
Chris Conklin

RobW

There's a later plastic version that's black plastic and mounts on the tranny hump with long "nails" that grip horizontally through and under the carpet.
Rob Wirsing

Mike GA

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on November 20, 2009, 03:22:22 PM
my wife usually walks up and says "Ooooo... Maybe you can sell that big huge giant car there..."

Your wife too, huh?

I'm trying to talk her into taking a 12 hour ride to south Florida at Christmas.  I thought I was getting somewhere until I caught her and her mother on the phone talking about how insane it was.
Mike Manley
1968 Deville Convertible

Stampie

Sounds like a good time for a solo road trip. 

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

DaveW

David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Steve W

Yep, that's it....looks pretty much like the pic Jeff posted! But did you look at what the other one on eBay is going for...250.00...OUCH!

"Here honey....just use my sleeve..."
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

RobW

Yeah but there's 6 days left on the auction for the $49 one. It'll be interesting to see where it lands.
Rob Wirsing

Chris Conklin

Quote from: RobW on November 23, 2009, 06:55:16 PM
Yeah but there's 6 days left on the auction for the $49 one.

Sshhhhhh...
Chris Conklin

Steve W

After all these posts I received an email from a CLC member, Dennis DiNorcia, who told me he had a couple of these things in his garage somewhere and if I wanted them I could have them for a decent price. (I won't disclose the price, but I will say that it was far lower than what those pirates wanted on eBay.)

He sent me pictures and they looked good, so the deal was done. A few days later I received the tissue dispensers and they were EXACTLY as described and pictured...not concourse, but very, very nice! AND, one of them even had the original mounting hardware! The other was in the original GM accessories box...with an un-opened box of Kleenex! Wow!
I installed the nicest one in my car! VERY COOL!

And the "significant other" is happy!

Thanks Dennis and thanks CLC!

I'll try to post a pic or two later.

(I even found some Kleenex tissue dispenser refills on eBay...so I bought those too.)
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Steve W

Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Steve W

OK...so now I figured out how to re-size and post pics too!
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Steve W

OH...and that's just a blanket on the seat...a temporary "fix" till I can afford to get the leather seats redone as close to the factory 385 Ant. Med. Saddle (I assume that means Antique Medium Saddle?) as possible. I really love that color combo!
The other things you see that look out-of-place are my navigation unit in the ashtray and the little plastic floor console.  Hey, it's my daily driver and I need those things!   :-[
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866