News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear main seal on '54 331ci

Started by Peter Jordan, November 22, 2009, 06:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Jordan

Firstly, thanks to all for the advise on my carb problems, just need an adaptor to suit a 600 cfm Edelbrook to stock 331ci intake?

Next, Rear main seal is leaking badly, can it be done in the car or is it best to pull the engine/trans. Are there rubber replacements now for the old rope type.
Anyone have any thoughts on doing this?

Peter Jordan

Lou,

Thanks for the info, it has certainly inspired me to get the job done now... I'd never heard of the 'sneeky pete' tool but I'm trying to get a supplier in the US to send one to the UK? just in case....

Joined the CLC club now, and once I receive my membership I'll be very interested in joining the CADILL-IKES?

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Pete,
Do a search on this forum as this was discussed a year or so back and there is a rubber replacement that Best Gasket do and I replaced mine with a Chrysler one that is correct - I bought it for about £10 from Rodley Motors. The part number is on that old thread on the forum. I replaced it in the car without removing the crank shaft - it was easy. I wouldn't bother going with the rope type again.
All the best,
Phil