News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

windshield for 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 special

Started by Rob, November 23, 2009, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Does anyone know where you can find a windshield for a 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 special?  It seems like there are windshield replacements for all other 59 Cadillac models.  Thanks

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't forget the other GM Brands for the same part.

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick and Oldsmobile used the same Windscreens as the Cadillac.

The Convertibles and Coupes and I believe the Flat-tops had the shorter screen, and the 6 window and Limo had the taller one.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Otto Skorzeny

Try Auto City Classic, Inc.

They carry  windshields for just about every car American made post- war car.

The contact information can be found by clicking the link below my signature.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on November 23, 2009, 06:01:43 PM

The Convertibles and Coupes and I believe the Flat-tops had the shorter screen, and the 6 window and Limo had the taller one.

Yes flattop was same as coupe & convertible.  The six-window was taller and the commercial (limo/ambulance/hearse) was taller yet. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Rob

Quote from: CarFreak on November 23, 2009, 07:42:41 PM
Yes flattop was same as coupe & convertible.  The six-window was taller and the commercial (limo/ambulance/hearse) was taller yet. 
[/Tquote]Thanks for the reply.  I will try Auto City Classic, Inc as Otto suggested.  If anyone else knows  where I might find one, please let me know as I am new to owning a 59 Fleetwood and am not yet familiar with parts suppliers. Thanks 

Otto Skorzeny

I just checked. They have one for $300.

You might not be familiar with parts suppliers but if you follow my link, you're about to find around 200 of them.  You'll soon become familiar with a lot of them.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

$300.00 is cheap.   Wish they were that cheap down here.

But, don't forget that other GM Models used the same parts, so you had best be prepared to look around before purchasing the actual Cadillac part.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

John Morris #23947

I have several of these in flawless condition. Where are you located? Tinted or non?
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.