News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Today was the Official Debut of New Cadillac Coupe

Started by Rich S, November 23, 2009, 07:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Today in Los Angeles, Cadillac Motor Division officially unveiled the production ready version of its CTS Coupe--check-out the pictures:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=CW&Date=20091123&Category=CARNEWS&ArtNo=112309998&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Highlights of the technology include Rear Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive, the 3.6 litre Direct Injection V-6 powerplant (runs on Regular fuel and achieves 27 Highway MPG rating) is standard, six-speed manual transmission or Automatic Transmission with Paddle Shifters, Standard Integrated Back-Up Camera, Multi-adjustable 'Recaro' Front Seats with full-sized rear seating, and center exiting exhaust ports, among other features. It packs General Motors' latest equipment. A "V-Series" Coupe will be offered, with its monster V-8 engine and other performance upgrades.

The styling is bold and dramatic, as a Cadillac should be! No, it's not by any stretch a conventional traditional Cadillac--but it incorporates many attributes true to its heritage, and it is sure to attract attention wherever it appears! The CTS Coupe is ready to do battle with the imports with American flair! I'm glad to see the script "Cadillac" returning on the rear license chrome awning, and the vertical light pipe taillights. This will be the most sought after car GM has introduced in years! For those buyers who want the more traditional Cadillac with softer ride and bigger size, the division has well underway the "XTS" vehicle that will replace the DTS, and those who have seen it have been impressed by its "fabulous styling!"  8)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Otto Skorzeny

I'll say they're on the right track with rear wheel drive and two doors. Now if they would make a full size rwd two door I'd be ready to buy a new car for the first time in my life.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

I am afraid that the days of the "Full-size" cars as we knew them are long gone.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Ted in Olympia WA

Kind of looks like an Infiniti Q37 to me?

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

Rich S

Here's a video of the 2011 CTS Coupe driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1tExqdj68

;) Looks distinctive and it's packed with the latest technology!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Rich S

Here are a few interesting statistics on the 2000 [Eldo] ETC versus a 2011 CTS Coupe:

2000 Cadillac Eldorado(ETC)             2009 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Wheelbase:      108"                              113.4"
Track F/R:      60.9"/60.9"                    61.8"/62.0"
Length:        200.6"                                191.6"
Width:           75.5"                                 72.5"
Height:           53.6"                                58.0"
Curb Wgt:     3,843#                              3,872#
HP:            300hp (4.6L)                     270hp (3.0L)
                 275hp (4.6L)                     304hp (3.6L)

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Craig Chally

Rich S

:) Craig, maybe you will share your impression? I'm anxious to see the 2011 CTS Coupe in-person, but for me, that won't be for several months.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting interview with Bryan Nesbitt, Cadillac's recently appointed General Manager, about the CTS Coupe:

http://money.cnn.com/video/luxury/2009/12/04/lux_cadillac_cts_coupe.cnnmoney/
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Rich S

8) More video and photos of the gorgeous 2011 CTS Coupe in White Diamond, along with a favorable review:

http://www.insideline.com/cadillac/cts/2011/2011-cadillac-cts-coupe-first-drive-and-video.html

Go Cadillac!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473