News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'67 Eldo Upper Radiator Hose P/N

Started by Rick Cerbone, November 25, 2009, 09:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Cerbone

I am having a very difficult time finding a molded upper radiator hose for my '67 Eldorado.  I would appreciate any information/part numbers.  Thanks.

TJ Hopland

Odd.  That does not even appear on Gates site.     Guess thats a down side to what could be a 40+ year old one year one model only part.  Hopefully someone else will have good news for you or at least what parts can be made to work.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

dadscad

Have you tried USA Parts? They have a listing in my 2007 catalog but do not specifically state that it is a formed hose but do show a single picture of a formed hose at the top of the hose listings. The upper hose part number for 66-67 All - 1.159G Their number is 1-800-872-2013.

HTH,
David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Otto Skorzeny

I would start with NAPA or some of the chains. Advance Auto 's listings go back to the 40s.

Click on the link in my signature and find Cooper's or Rock Auto. They will have it, I'm sure.

In the past, I've traken a hose to a local store and they've let me walk around back to compare it to the hoses hanging on the racks. Sometimes you can find one with the right bends that may just need a little trimming.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Rick Cerbone 20905

Nobody out there has a '67 Eldorado who can tell me what upper radiator hose they are using???????  All of the parts stores want to give me a Gates 20549.  It does not fit!  The 'shape' is perfect but it is too short.  From what I see in the Gates book, the hose is really for NON front wheel drive Eldorados with the 429.  HELP!!!!

Jeffrey Burland

A friend emailed me saying he got a molded one from FEN in NY and while it does fit, is a bit short. He thought it could have been because he has a non original radiator installed. Anyway, here is the info he took from the hose:
EBP 80MH46 Made in U.S.A. YRS    1701
I called a long time NAPA parts man who said these are mostly batch numbers, etc and don't cross-reference anything out there. Maybe someone here will have more luck.

Rick, I don't have a '67 Eldo to compare, but you say the Gates 20549 is too short. So if it was longer to the engine side? it would be good?
HTH, Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

anthony20485

i DON'T IF ITS THE SAME BUT ROCK AUTO HAS AN UPPER FORMED HOSE FOR A 1967 TORONADO.
1966 DeVille
1968 Eldorado
1969 Eldorado