News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Bicentennial Edition Origins

Started by Barry Norman, November 25, 2009, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Norman

As the proud owner of a 1976 Bicentennial convertible, I was curious if anyone has any idea regarding who came up with the color/trim scheme for the last 200s . Wonder if any stylist renderings could still exist ? Any input will be appreciated ! Thanks ! Barry
Barry Norman

Richard Sills - CLC #936

The red and blue stripes on the white car would reflect the patriotic theme of the Bicentennial. 

There is a good website called "www.BicentennialEldorado.com" that has a lot of information about these cars.

Barry Norman

Yes, the window sticker and other documents on that site are what came with my car. Just wondered if maybe a Navy Blue top, or blue dash, or any other combinations were considered. The original owner of my car did not care for the white wheel covers, so he ordered another set to be painted with a navy blue center, with the outer band in red. These were matched to the pinstripe colors. It's an interesting look !
Barry Norman