News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GM sales in china pass sales in USA for the first time!! your tax$$ at work

Started by wrefakis, December 01, 2009, 09:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Stampie

I fail to see how taking Chinese money and bring it back to a US corporation is bad?  General rule in international trade is take their money and use it in your country.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

Steve W

I agree with Stampie.

Its GREAT that we have a US company making products that are desirable in another country, and that they are buying them in such numbers...and bringing the $$ home to U.S....IF that's where the money is going!

Kinda like Honda selling cars here in the US back in the 70's. They took OUR money for their economy, and I'll bet the US bought more Hondas than Japan did!

Now then, if we could just get the US interested in US products again....(sigh)
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Otto Skorzeny

Without getting into a discussion of global macro-economics, the picture isn't as rosy as it might seem.

The US is indebted to China beyond all imagination as a result of China's holding of US bonds. The sale of cars is really just a form of payment on this debt. The end result is still a net outflow of national treasure to the communist Chinese government.
fward

Chris Conklin

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on December 01, 2009, 09:35:12 PM
Are they selling Cadillac's there?

I believe Buick is the leading seller in China.

Money and debt issues aside, having the slightest transparency into China's industries is huge. Inroads to their economy are providing this, to an extent. Our biggest problem is in being a debtor nation. It doesn't matter to whom. They are beating us at our own game.
Chris Conklin

Otto Skorzeny

You are correct on all counts Chris. The Lucurne is most popular model.
fward

EAM 17806

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on December 02, 2009, 09:56:10 AM
Without getting into a discussion of global macro-economics, the picture isn't as rosy as it might seem.

The US is indebted to China beyond all imagination as a result of China's holding of US bonds. The sale of cars is really just a form of payment on this debt. The end result is still a net outflow of national treasure to the communist Chinese government.
But just remember when we sold the bonds to China we got the cash and used it in our economy or somewhere in our country.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Otto Skorzeny

Through it down a rat hole you mean, EAM. Now we're paying interest on it to boot.
fward

eam32

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on December 02, 2009, 02:39:43 PM
Through it down a rat hole you mean, EAM. Now we're paying interest on it to boot.
You might be right but this is what happens when you have left-wing nuts in control of our country.  EAM

The Tassie Devil(le)

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Otto Skorzeny

Here's a Chinese built Cadillac:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/11/more-on-chinas-cadillac-sls/

So much for Americans building them and exporting them.  Of course when you have a choice between using overpaid union workers or coolies, the choice is clear.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20214143/

2010 Chinese SLS    http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/11/24/2010-cadillac-sls-for-china-debuts-at-guangzhou-auto-show/

I wonder how long it will be before we start importing these Cadillacs from China? Everything else is made over there.
fward

Craig Chally

The Chinese market SLS (and the Chinese market Buicks for that matter) are way nicer then their US-market counterparts.   The interior of the SLS, and the long-wheelbase model in particular, is something the US-market Cadillac could really use.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

John Morris #23947

Stampie! We've built a huge fire breathing monster. 20 years ago everyone in China dressed alike, had funny hats, and walked or rode bikes. We built 10 million factories for them, and closed them all here. Our entire nation has been living on borrowed money for decades. It is all coming to an end, and China has no dept of their own, but owns huge amounts of our dept. Just the interest we pay is a BILLION dollars every 2 days. Not 1 cent of the principle on our borrowing has ever been paid back. Bottom line, the biggest Capitolist nation in history is on her knees begging and pleading with the biggest Communist nation to loan us more and more money. IRONIC AND TERRIFYING!! So you have no problem with Commies buying more GM cars than Americans?? Cadillacs being built in CHINA?? Boeing outsourcing all wing, fuselage, cockpit, every assembly except GE engines, to foreigners?? As a great nation it seems we're doomed, and we did it to ourselves. I NEVER EVER buy Chinese unless I can't find something used or at garage sale. The dollar is doomed. Not only is it in a nosedive, but when it's dropped as the worlds reserve currency which has been since the Bretton Woods agreement in 47, that's the end. Here's how I save MY money.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

The Tassie Devil(le)

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

John Morris #23947

71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

John Morris #23947

tony m

The leading luxury car and thought to be most popular in China is the "Audi". 

Tony M.