News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where to buy belts and hoses?

Started by Jim Thompson, December 08, 2009, 01:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Thompson

Looking for belts and hoses for my 46. Any recommendations for the best place to find these?

Thanks
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

Otto Skorzeny

I get belts and hoses for my '56 at Advance Auto or Auto Zone or wherever. I have found that a lot of these chains' computers go back to the 40s or beyond.

I take the old ones in to cross reference the part numbers and verify the length and shape.

You can order them from Cooper's or Rock Auto and pay more if you feel like it, though.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bob Schuman

Jim,
The upper radiator hoses are straight 1-1/4"ID hose. For the lower hose, use Gates #20589 or Goodyear #60744. This hose is longer and with an extra curve that you won't need. You will need to cut it to only use the portion that will fit from radiator to water pump, which will be pretty obvious.

For the generator belt, get a Goodyear #28T485 or equivalent. All of the foregoing should be available through a NAPA store.
The fan belt is Gates #618 or Goodyear #32T364. You probably cannot get either one locally. A Gates #44411 is sold by some Cadillac vendors such as McVey's and Ed Cholakian's AllCads, but usually cannot be obtained through any parts stores.

Be careful in cutting the lower radiator hose-too short and it won't have enough hose on the metal of the pump or radiator, and too long, it will be a real bear to get into the limited space provided for it.
Bob Schuman,CLC#254
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Jim Thompson

1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback