News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New to the board! check out my caddy!

Started by 68series75, December 09, 2009, 05:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68series75

hello everybody,

So I have been wanting a classic 65-70 Cadillac fleetwood and stumbled upon this 1968 fleetwood series 75 the other day. Its in pretty decent shape and everythings intact. the only major item missing is the hood ornament. There is some rust on the front lower fenders and doors and minimal surface rust on the roof. The body is super straight except the driver front fender is pushed in a little bit.The interior is a mess but its going to get gutted first thing. Going to pick it up this weekend so ill post more pics. Anyway let me know what you think.
Aaron Hartland

68series75

Aaron Hartland

Rollochrome

Welcome to the forum!

I love that year Series 75! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Glad you're here!
O.P. Smith
CLC Member # 25564
--1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertable, red on white leather
--1991 Cadillac Brougham, white on blue leather
--1991 Chevrolet Suburban Regency Custom Conversion 4wd, white w/ graphics on maroon leather
--1979 Corvette resto-mod
--1969 Kaiser Willis Deuce & 1/2
--a handfull of boring current production daily drivers destined to be tin cans

Steve W

Welcome!
And congrats on the "new" car!
Finally....someone else with a 68 !!!

You'll find lots of great info, advice and support here.
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

jim thomas

WELCOME TO THE CLUB , 68 SEARIES 75   I KNOW YOU WILL ENJOY BOTH THE MEMBERSHIP AND THE CAR. JIM   

dan reed

Congratulations!  Have fun with it. I got into the hobby the same way about 15 years ago when I bought a '64 Cadillac series 75 limo in almost the same condition. Once I had it cleaned up and running it was a fun car.

Dan

kelly

Welcome to the forum.  It's good to have another fan of the BIG Cadillacs. In fact, Tom McPherson and Walter McCall just released their new photo journal on the 1937 to 1987 Fleetwood 75 Series.  I believe Intergraphix is the publishing company. A shot of my '57 made it into the book on page 120...pretty cool to see it in print. Check the book out if you are a fan of the model, and best luck in the project ahead.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

EldoradoRedd1

Welcome.. that is a nice Fleet can't wait 2see wat u do with it. This is a GOOD FORUM f/info
S.Rhame

jaxops

Great car!  The 1968's are a particular favorite of mine.  It's the stacked headlights I guess!  Let us know if we can assist as you start your repairs and restoration!  All the best!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

68series75

thanks guys! in the next couple weeks im going to have the whole car soda blasted. I want to get it looking good for this summer. where is a good place to get oem replacement parts besides eBay? I am looking for some new front fenders. Is it true that the 67 fenders wont fit?
Aaron Hartland

jaxops

Quote from: 68series75 on December 27, 2009, 01:25:24 PM
thanks guys! in the next couple weeks im going to have the whole car soda blasted. I want to get it looking good for this summer. where is a good place to get oem replacement parts besides eBay? I am looking for some new front fenders. Is it true that the 67 fenders wont fit?
Ebay has a lot of stuff that is hard to find, but not always the right stuff- especially with a Series 75.  Many parts for the sedans and coupes do not fit our 75's.  Engine parts are readily available out there and I would tend towards Arizona Parts or Cadillac King junkyard before using Ebay.  Check out Otto's list of vendors first!!
1979 Lincoln Continental

jaxops

1979 Lincoln Continental

Doug 22747

Nice car, I had a 67, but of the two, the 68 was the performer.  Good luck!
Doug Browne
Atlanta, GA