News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hellow

Started by Matt Ferrall, December 15, 2009, 01:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ferrall

I wanted to take a moment to say hello. I have been restoring a 58 Fleet wood series 75 and this site has been helpful during the process. I still have a long way to go but lets face it its a long car. Thanks for the help.

Otto Skorzeny

That's cool.

Interesting name for a motel. I guess only people in "short term" relationships stay there.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Matt Ferrall

Thanks. That picture was taken last year. Here it is now.

Matt Ferrall

the hood is complete.

Otto Skorzeny

Wow.
What's the deal with that battery? Is that how they mounted it in '58?
fward

Matt Ferrall

Hey i custom fit that.

Matt Ferrall

Here is the hood before.

Otto Skorzeny

I like your dustpan full of rust. Great job.

It looks like you had to do a lot of work on the prow where the hood ornaments mount. That car will be really nice when finished. Are you going to restore the interior?

If so, SMS carries original fabric.

fward

Matt Ferrall

Yes the car will be a complete nut and bolt restoration. I will take the body off the frame and get the engine and trans out after Christmas. I will then sandblast the body and frame and get them ready for paint. I seen your link to all the suppliers. Thant is awesome. That will help allot with hard to find parts.

Otto Skorzeny

There is a guy who posts on this board frequently by the name of kelly. He has a beautiful 1957 series 75 in white. He'll probably see your post.

The 75s have a lot of unique parts. Hopefully you don't need too many of those type of things.
fward

Matt Ferrall

Good deal. I have heard there are not many left on the road. I have 99.5% of the car although i will have to restore all of them. I guess it could be worse.I hope to hear from Kelly and take a look at his car.

Doug Lemon

If you check out the movie North by Northwest  with Cary Grant  you will see a very nice 58 series 75.  I myself am partial to the 1954 which I have a formal Limo,sedan,and hearse.

Brett Cottel

Quote from: Doug Lemon on December 18, 2009, 01:09:21 AM
If you check out the movie North by Northwest  with Cary Grant  you will see a very nice 58 series 75.  I myself am partial to the 1954 which I have a formal Limo,sedan,and hearse.
hey Doug, all the cars you list Meteor, Superior or ?  Would love to see a pic or two
Brett
1955 Cadillac Meteor Combination Coach
CLC #27535
Pic's at http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/brettcottel/

okccadman

Doug, I would love to see picsd as well.  I have a 1956 Formal Limo with Derham coachwork and a 1956 Superior Beau Monde Combination.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Otto Skorzeny

Is that you holding the door open, Jim? ;-)
fward

kelly

Matt,
  Forrst is correct.  I do watch the post, and you have a fine looking project going on there. Although there are a number of differences between the 56 and 57 model years, the challenges are the same.  Any help I can give is available for the asking.  Between the wealth of information and advice available through this club, and the little bit I picked up along the restoration way,  we should be able to help you get from here to "there".
  Feel free to give a shout out to the board, or to me directly at  kmartin@bigtube.com.  Those of us willing to take on a 75 Series are a rather small, but determined, fraternity.   The CLC group can be very helpful and supportive, as many of the basic systems are common across multiple model lines.  Best wishes in your adventure.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Matt Ferrall

Thank you Kelly, I appreciate you making yourself available for help, believe me i will need some. I look forward to jumping in this thing and taking the family to California hitting all the route 66 spots like we did when i was a kid. I have noticed the front end parts for the 75 CC are quite a bit more expensive. Do you know if theese parts were spacificilly made for the 75 CC or are there other cadillac models using the same parts? I had to replace the coils on my wifes Infinity 330I. From Infinity they were 145.00 so i checked with Nissan for coils for a Maxima engine ( same engine ) they were 110.00.
Thanks,

Matt

kelly

Matt,
  I'm not sure, but I believe you are indicating your series 75 has a commercial chassis (CC).  I don't believe that to be the case. If your model number is 7523 or 7533, it is not. Generally, only the ambulances and hearses utilized the heavy duty commercial chassis.
  I believe both 75 series models use the same chassis parts, with different springs and rear ends.  Try both Kanter and USA Parts Supply to shop prices for those kind of parts. Otto may also have some suggestions for suppliers, but those were the ones I used most often for that stuff.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Matt Ferrall

Thanks for the information, Kelly.  I'll check the model number and get back on that.  I've pulled the motor and transmission as of recent.  I'm rebuilding them now.  Thanks again for all of the much needed suggestions.  Please, if you have anymore advise, keep posting.  I do appreciate it.  Talk soon - take care.

tattig

hej there,
I am seeking some info ref. to 1938 cadi model 7533.
My father has a original here in FINLAND, since many years and it is listed as museum car here.
He was curious to know if there was any information on this car, such as how many are there, what is the value for them etc.
He believes that it is rather odd piece and has hard time finding info on it, sure the language is a limit as well.
Unfortunately myself, I have very little interest, yet I promised to seek some info/ clubs etc for him.
Anything at all, would be apriciated :)
Thanx before hand!
Tatjana from Northern Finland!