News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Heater Blower Motor

Started by Kelly Hansen, December 18, 2009, 07:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Hansen

My 67 Coupe Deville started to make a sqwuaking noise when the heat was on.  Turn the heat off and no noise.  I turned the heat off and turned it on later and everything seems to work fine.  The next day the blower motor did not blow. 

I just finished putting in a new motor and replaced the inline fuse and still no blower.

Any thoughts, everything worked well before the sqwuaking noise.  Also can anyone tell me what the little thing that looks like a condensor out of a distributor is?

Dave Shepherd

Basic checks here, does the blower get 12v and is the ground good, take it out and check the fan and the shaft bearings, sounds like the blower is bad either way.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Keyyey,
A couple of things to check.  First of all as Dave said, pull the fan motor/blower back out and make sure that you have the blower wheel tightened onto the shaft in a position that it does not rub against the heater box or the motor.
The condenser is just that, and make sure it is grounded at the blower motor flange and the wire is connected.
Thirdly, you said a squawking.  Often when a vacuum actuator is going out they are quite noisy. Be sure and locate the exact source of the noise.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Kelly Hansen

Thanks for the ideas.

I tried the old motor and it seems to turn.  I think I will just leave the new one in anyway.   Maybe the noise was from the actuator.  No noise now so it is really hard to know where it was coming from.

I'm more of an accounting background and not nearly as mechanically savy as most  you that post here,  but still like my old Cadillacs!

When the weather is better I'll get back out there and play with it more.

Happy Holidays!