News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Cadillac 4dr Fleetwood Carpet

Started by Bob Kielar, December 29, 2009, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Other then Jenkins and SMS is there anyone else who can supply me with the
correct carpet ? Thanks Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Warren Rauch

It depends a lot on how exact a match you are looking for. If you think it must be up to top judging standards, even those companies may have a hard time pleasing you.
   First you need to know what you are looking for.  I checked the 1955 Data book."Luxurious carpeting is rich-textured wool pile, nylon loop pile or Kinkomo." Under 62 series they say wool pile. Under series 75 Kinkomo.Eldorado is listed as nylon loop pile. Series 60s they brush over saying without saying anything.
  If your car has nylon loop pile, try Whitney in Chicago. Wool pile is a house rug. Kinkomo ,I never heard of. Warren

55 ledsled

Diane will hook you up! I ordered some for my 55 4Dr and it was nice cut and sewn with attached padding. First they sent me the wrong one because they only had one for the Fleetwood, but then they told me to keep that and sent me out the correct piece after customizing it for me. Great place to work with and VERY REASONABLE! I got carpet and new custom seat covers made with all the fixings for $800. Not bad

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/app/acc_carpet.php

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bob, with all due respect about your time in the hobby, etc, etc, etc, and no disrespect meant, all of us must realize that our cars, relative to others in the hobby, were very limited production. Thus, it may not be economically feasible to reproduce things like carpet for the most limited production sedan in the lineup. I had a '56 60S and I think the carpet in it is commonly called "square-weave." I can't recall whether or not it has been reproduced but if it has, that might be a choice for you to consider as I believe it may have been used in the Eldos as well. Anyone judging your car will also be doing 1956s, and (may not know the difference.) AND, even our most knowledgable judges realize that in some places along the line, some compromises must be made. And substituting an accurate and reasonable carpet from a one year newer car might be acceptable. (And the previous post from mine might be of great help. I'd forgotten about his posts recently about his '55 carpet.)

In any case, best of luck in your quest. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Caddy Wizard

Bob,

I guess that you know that the carpet in a 55 was typically something called "Daytona" weave, which is a short square loop. 

I have never bought carpet from ACC, so I can't vouch for their quality or service.  But they do carry the Daytona weave material and from what I see of the samples on their website, it looks right to me.  I have seen the original Daytona carpet in lots of 54-55 Cadillacs and it looks a lot like this...https://www.accmats.com/commerce/1955/Cadillac/Series%2060%20Fleetwood/Flooring/23458/

Be sure to scroll down and choose a particular color.  Once you do that, you can see the weave pattern fairly well.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is what I remember from my 1956 Fleetwood. (As near as 50 years or so's memory will allow.) I think you can get it with confidence. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

This topic is 8 YEARS old!! I would assume Bob already solved his problem.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Caddy Wizard

Holy crap!  Do I feel stupid.  I didn't see that...

Funny...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Bob Kielar

Thanks for all the help, but the correct carpet has been in since 2010 from A.C.C. ;D

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bob, it only goes to show that our site has timeless information, and that it was good eight years ago and still good now.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Barry & others,
This is what happens when newbies DRAG UP old topics. MOST of the time it's a waste of time. Can someone tell me why they do it???
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.