News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Look an Australian Reindeer or not

Started by 57flw, December 30, 2009, 03:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57flw

Hi All,

On Xmas morning this greated me, crossing the road, to feed on my front lawn.

We do not have snow or real reindeer, but this is as close as we come.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Ted in Olympia WA

They sure are a funny looking aminal.  When I was down in Queensland, for seven weeks in 1986, we saw hundreds of them of all sizes (foot tall to six foot).  One time there must of been a hundred or more on a hill side and when they started to run it looked like the hill came alive.

They sure raise hell with cars and most cars have roo-bars on them.  I was on a motorcycle and did not ride at dusk for fear of hitting one.

I sure would like to make it down there again someday but this time I don't think I will sleep in a tent.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

John Morris #23947

When I visted Perth on nuc sub Tunny in 79, AND WENT AWOL, I fell in with a rough crowd in Rockingham. They took me in like a lost hobo. I was astounded to find that Santa needs a fresh teem after flying the Pacific, and flys with 8 big Red kangaroos! The roads were full of road kill, little Wallabees. Yes, everyone had Roo Bars in West Australia. In a tavern one fellow told me to look out the door after dark and there would be hundreds of eyes looking back in. I laughed it off until I looked and fled back inside in fright, the whole place laughed. Suddenly the whole place was gathered around a table laughing. I worked my way in and found shipmate "Sea Pig" Downs passed out, head rolling back and forth in his own you know what, growning. YUCK!! More on my adventures down under later. 
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.