News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

56 Cadillac vacuum hose hookup

Started by G Davis, January 04, 2010, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Davis

There is a T connector below the windshield wiper motor.  The two on the top of the T go to the washer bottle and the wiper motor.  There are two on the bottom.  One comes from the top front of the manifold and provides vacuum.  I received my car with a hose about 12-16 inches long attached to the other side of the T.  It is plugged and is not hooked up.  Where should this line go?   Thanks.      Glenn

Bob Kielar

I have a 55 Cadillac it might go to the block near the starter area. If you search for 55 vacuum pump connection maybe yours is the same.
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

mgrab

Glenn,
This could go to the vacuum reservoir or master cyldinder (Moraine unit) for your brakes.  My '56 Olds has this tank on the inside of the fender for this purpose. Not sure how this is on a Cadillac....
Mike
1941 Cadillac 6267D
1948 Packard Custom Eight Victoria
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan

J. Gomez

Quote from: G Davis on January 04, 2010, 02:45:44 PM
There is a T connector below the windshield wiper motor.  The two on the top of the T go to the washer bottle and the wiper motor.  There are two on the bottom.  One comes from the top front of the manifold and provides vacuum.  I received my car with a hose about 12-16 inches long attached to the other side of the T.  It is plugged and is not hooked up.  Where should this line go?   Thanks.      Glenn

Glenn,

Check the following post from Roger Zimmermann, this one is a Dusey..!

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,108350.0.html
J. Gomez
CLC #23082