News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 & 1968 Convertible Rear Window

Started by 68 Deville, January 06, 2010, 07:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 Deville

I am trying to find out if anyone knows when the 67 Deville Convertible and 68 Deville Convertible were ordered new did they both come from the factory with a rear glass window as a standard feature or was it plastic. I know the 68 Convertible had a glass window, and it was not an option and am pretty sure the 67 came with a glass window too but them I was talking to someone and they said the 67 came with a plastic window and glass was an option. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Joe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Joe, Glass was standard starting in 1965. The only difference was 1965 glass could be unzipped & dropped down. The later ones could not. I like the drop down feature & when I topped my 70 I added it.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Johnbezik#15976

Thats right all converts after 65 had glass windows,but they usually delaminated themselves in the lower corners and were replaced with plastic ones because they were less expensive.Particularly on used cars in the late 60's and 70;s John

68 Deville

Thanks Again for your help...  I knew I could count on the CLC site Members