News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New DTS revealed today at NAIAS

Started by Rich S, January 12, 2010, 02:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

At the North American International Auto Show today, Cadillac unveiled the "XTS Platinum" concept car, and sources say it very closely resembles the production model slated to replace the current generation DTS model (the official name has not yet been announced, and the old "DeVille" is even under consideration). Unfortunately, it is not planned to be released for sale until fall 2011. It is packed with the latest technology and features an ultra-luxurious interior. For those of you who may be interested, here is a video link to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiH36CNBNus

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Otto Skorzeny

Looks like a Mercedes Benz CLS500/550 from the side.

I hope they leave off that digital dash and use real gauges.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Rich S

This model will be critical to the "New GM" and Cadillac. In my opinion, it looks classy and understated, and appears to be what is needed to comply with CAFE standards imposed by the U.S. government. It appears as though Cadillac's full-sized sedan has to adapt for the next decade and beyond--even though we love our classic full-sized Cadillacs. Here's another link to more information on this vehicle:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/12/detroit-2010-cadillac-xts-platinum-conpect-is-anything-but/

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Otto Skorzeny

If by complying with CAFE standards you mean it's packing a 6 banger then I guess you're right. Thank you President Obama!

That'll save GM; A Cadillac that's shaped like a Buick Lucurne but has a smaller engine!
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

TonyZappone #2624

The last new Cadillac in my possession was a 2006 SRX.  Thank God it was leased, so I had only to tolerate it for three years.  Gas hog, small narrow cargo area, and incredibly noisy.  My 2002 DTS, on the other hand is everything that this modern day car nut wants in an automobile.  Moreover, when I saw the picture of this new DTS, I became very excited.  It is a modern interpretation of my 2002, whose successors from then  ( 2002)  to present, seem to be the epitome of the Old Fart Mobile. 

If our financial world ever gets straightened out, I am going to have me one of these new beauties!   
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Rick Payton

Wow I love it I hope they make it just as it was shown.....
Rick Payton - President- US Distribution
WWW.FLATJACK.COM

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1955 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1956 Ford Thunderbird
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham #590
1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1964 Corvette Stingray
1967 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1986 Mercedes Benz 560SL
2006 Cadillac XLR
2013 Cadillac XTS
2015 Cadillac Escalade

Davidinhartford

Beautiful!     just beautiful.     I think Cadillac will have a big winner with this.

Gordon H.

So why the wait?  This car should be in the showrooms today, not 2 years from now, when it will be almost obsolete.

jeff1956

I agree....it will have to be updated again unless Cadillac continues with it's current CTS platform.  The current CTS bodylines have been in place since 2003......the buying public will want more out of the car than for it to be similar to the current and even the predecessor CTS.  It is drastic for a full size car, BUT too much like the current and predecessor CTS model.

Jeff

David King (kz78hy)

I was the voice of  Manufacturing Engineering - General Assembly on this car while it was in development, up until I was "involuntary separated" from GM in May.  At that point there were several different studio versions being considered and still a lot of work to get it ready for actual production engineering.  The look is good and I liked the styling.  The platform it is on limits how large it can be, but the requirements today mandate a smaller version of what some would consider a "full size" car.

It should be a very nice car when done.  I'm sorry that I no longer contribute to that effort.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

RobW

Looks like a big CTS with a Ford Focus line down the side. I think they could have done something nicer.
Rob Wirsing

Jim Skelly, CLC ##15958

It looks nice, but too much like a Mercedes on the side.  It also lacks bodyside moldings, so it's another car I wouldn't consider buying. 

kelly

I, for one, am pretty excited about the overall look. From a timing standpoint, I am also pleased. The lease on my Black Cherry 2008 DTS is up in fall 2011!  I hope the final product maintains some size to it, as the CTS and STS just don't cut it for my purposes.  If the new model is downsized, I will be forced to consider other brands.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Davidinhartford

I agree with Kelly.    The new DTS needs to be as big as the current DTS if not bigger.   The towncar is getting all the fleet sales right now.  Cadillac needs a big car for livery use.